Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ode to Nana

As most of you know by now...We are expecting a new addition in May. While we are very excited, pregnancy comes with a price...The price I pay is extreme sickness! My life was pretty much falling apart...Abbie was a ragamuffin, Mike never got fed, the house was a TOTAL disaster (and that is NOT an understatement) and all I could do is lay around and be sick. Mike was helping in the evenings when he got home from work, but it just wasn't cutting it. So who do I call...my MOMMY! In 24 hours she was on the road (from Idaho) heading down to rescue my family! I literally don't think I would have made it without her! She played with Abbie, made all the food, cleaned the house, ran errands, basically took orders from me and did them without (much) complaint...ha ha ha! I'm so grateful that even at 36 years old, I can call my mom and she will be there to lift me up and serve selflessly. She ended up staying with us for close to 4 weeks. It got me through the hardest weeks and with some new medication I got from the doctor, I'm able to function again.

Here are some of the highlights of her extended visit:


Nana...sweet Nana!



First order of business...Play with an attention starved 2 year old and be bossed around by her games and how she likes to play...Good Nana!



Nana was a good sport and played jungle safari with Abbie and even got to wear the cool "zoo" hat...



Safety first...didn't have rubber gloves to fit Abbie, so we just used mittens...She felt just like Nana!



Tackling the toilet...



Wasting no time getting down to the dirty work...Nana is teaching Abbie the fine art of getting a floor perfectly clean. It was so gross, hand and knees and good old elbow grease were the only way to get this job done!



Getting the kitchen floor nice and clean!



Nana always had an assistant chef...Nana is teaching Abbie how to cut up a tomato (using a butter knife...of course!)



Best buds!



On Halloween day, we actually ventured out to a pumpkin patch. It had some rides and small attractions for kids. Here is Abbie and Nana on the "hay horses"



We let Abbie choose one ride to go on. She chose the train. She was on the last car and when she rounded the bend, her body would "snap" around the corner. It was a fun ride and she was all smiles!



Nana paid for her to have a "real" horse ride. She LOVED it!





I couldn't have made it without her...3 cheers for NANA!!!

4 comments:

Julia Harps said...

I have to agree. she is one terrific mom. Abbie was so lucky to have her for 4 weeks.

Katy said...

Those pictures are priceless! I've learned there's pretty much nothing grandparents won't do to have an opportunity to spend time with their grandchildren! Hope you're feeling better.

Katie Wells said...

Your mom is amazing! She's always helping with grandkids and not just by being there--she's involved!!

The Wells Family said...

so lucky... hey we lost your address and need to re-send our christmas card to you cuz we first sent it to the wrong address. anyway it'll be late but can we get that from you :)