On January 3rd we took a family trip down to Sea World in San Diego. It was the PERFECT day for the park. It was the end of a holiday weekend, it was overcast, cool and had an occasional light drizzle. All those factors together made a lot of people stay away...so we had the run of the park to ourselves! We never had to wait in ANY lines for rides and got really good seats at the animal shows and we didn't have to get there 20 minutes before the show started...we just showed up at show time and got excellent seats. Because the crowds were down, we got to do the things we wanted over and over. It was a perfect family day!
Say Cheese...
Super Cheese...
Extreme Cheese....
This is a large area that has manta rays and sting rays in it. You can buy a basket of food and they will come and eat them right out of your hand. The animals are so use to people feeding them, they think everyone has food. They come right over to the edge and you just have to put your hand down and you can touch them. It is neat! We didn't get food this time, but Abbie enjoyed watching others feed them and was able to reach down in...
Touching the Manta Rays...
There are so many fun shows to see at Sea World, but there are too many to see all in one day, especially with a toddler. So each time we go, we try to catch a different show. This time we went to the Otter and Sea Lion show. It was so good and very well done! Abbie really liked it and so did Mike and I.
Isn't he cute!?
Very large walrus in the Otter and Sea Lion Show.
After her first ride on Elmo's Underwater Adventure, she was hooked. We were so happy there weren't many people, so we basically could just sit on the ride and wait for it to start again. It was awesome! Here Mike is holding his arms out to get Abbie off the ride...but she had other ideas...More, more, more...so we rode again, and again, and again, and again...yah...Elmo!
Heading over to choose the "best" Elmo fish car!
Mommy and Abbie's turn on Elmo's Underwater Adventure!
Ready for lift off...
Can you tell by the look on Mike's face his is thrilled to be on the Elmo ride...AGAIN??!!
What a sweet face!
Yahoo...more, more, more...
Mike taking Abbie on the tea cup ride...This is one I definatly CAN'T do! They had a blast! Abbie is a dare-devil!
There is a big jumping area for little ones...jump, jump, jump!
Ambushed by the Kissing Abbie Monster (the best kind of attack ever!)
I joined in the action and was ATTACKED by the Abbie Monster!
Several times throughout the day, Elmo and his friends from Sesame Street make an appearance at Sea World. They do a song and dance and then wave to the kids from above. Then they invite you over to the photo area, where a few of the characters come out and take pictures with you. It was so perfect because there were hardly any kids there. We only had to wait for about 2 or 3 people ahead of us. Abbie really liked it!
Daddy, Abbie and Abby
Cookie Monster is one of Abbie's favorite Sesame Street characters, but she was not sure of him in person and by herself...I was actually proud of how brave she was!
Grover, Mommy, Abbie, and Abby

5 comments:
I nlove the cookie monster shot! she's not too sure about that guy. ha ha.
kissing monsters are the best. I must agree.
How fun! We just loved going to SeaWorld this summer but we missed the sesame street characters :( I can't believe how brave Abbie is to stand by herself. We can barely get Riley to do that now. I know I've said this before, but Abbie is just so CUTE!! I just love her cheeks.
That looks so fun!!! Cash loves sesame street so I will have to take him, he will love it. I love the pic of Abbie attacking you, too cute.
Fun! That looks so much fun! I can't wait to take Addi to Disneyland. I didn't know Sea world had all that Sesame Street stuff!
Seeing this post makes me want to move back to CA! AZ isn't nearly as fun :)
Post a Comment