To back up the story...we lived in the same condo complex when we first got to CA but it was a different floor plan. It was 2 story and had an enclosed patio. So on that patio we had a slide for Abbie. Well, when we moved, the new condo we rented is an upstairs unit with only a balcony. We put Abbie's slide on it...in the corner...Well, we got a nasty letter telling us to move the "stuff" off the balcony. We assumed it as referring to the boxes we used to move in and some bikes we had. So, being compliant...we cleaned it off...with the exception of the slide.
On Monday, we got a call from the property manager asking if we got a letter from the association. I told him no, and he said we HAD to get the slide moved and they needed to get over and change the light fixtures (the one near the front door didn't match the one at the bottom of the stairs...apparently they have to match up!)
We had several options, but none of them seemed the best for Abbie. We could ask a friend to store it in her back yard, we could take it apart and store it or put it in the garage and park the car on the street...none seemed like a good plan...sooooo Mike and I put our heads together (yes, it does take that much brain power) and came up with a plan we hope will work....
WE MOVED THE SLIDE INTO OUR BEDROOM!!! Yes, that is OUR bedroom since Abbie's room is too small! We moved the bed over, rearranged the dresser and a few items and what do you know...it fits and Abbie couldn't be happier! It is now in the house and she can use it whenever she wants...so on hot days or raining days...the slide is still available...the price of livin' in California!
ps...I have to say that I am glad the association is strict...it keeps the place looking nice and everyone has to follow the same rules...just annoying!
Nice and cozy...
My side of the bed...
It's pouring down rain outside...but that doesn't matter...Abbie is happy to be sliding!
Thrilled!
On her way down!
Very pleased!
Does it get any sweeter or happier than that! Totally makes it all worth the effort!
I just need to remember its there and not stub my toe in the middle of the night!! Wish me luck!
4 comments:
How cute! I love her smile! Yeah I probably would have done the same thing.
That is so funny that you put it in your room!! I love it. It will probably get more use that way. HOA's definitly have their pro's and con's. Our HOA is SOOOO strict too, which is kind of a pain. But it is better then paying money to the HOA and them not doing anything like they did in Herriman!
Ah, the sacrifices we make for our kids :) Would you ever have thought you'd place a slide in your bedroom? What a great idea, though!
Colleen this is so funny I found your blog off Marci Jolley's blog. I grew up with her husband Sam and I saw your name and thought what are the chances. Small world.I have to say the HOA is over board here and I hate it. I think they are as bad as Nazi's. Stacey Paxman
Post a Comment