Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Painted Toast

Every month for our MOMs club, I host a Jr. Cooks Club.  We do fun things with food and try to make trying new foods fun!  In March, we did "Painted Toast".  It's very simple and super fun!  All you do is use milk with some food coloring in it.  Paint it on "Texas Toast" bread (you can do both sides) and then toast it.  The light brown toast color is on the bread and the "paint" colors stay vibrant.  Butter and enjoy!



Making her creation....

This is serious work...look at the concentration!


Success!
 It was a great activity and everyone enjoyed eating their creation.  (Even after the kids were done and playing in the other room, the moms kept on painting and eating...Their inner Picasso was shining through!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I think I'll try that with Chelsey!

Cherie said...

Such a cute idea Colleen! I'm so not that creative so it's nice to get ideas from great Moms like you :) We'll have to try this!