Wednesday, September 17, 2008

San Diego Zoo...Not Just For Animals of the Furry Kind!

My friend Gwen called and invited Abbie and me to go to the San Diego Zoo with them. She has year passes and also had a guest pass she generously offered to me. Abbie and I made the 1 1/2 hour trip down to the zoo to meet them. The weather was beautiful (just a little warm) and even better news was the VERY light traffic! I was extremely happy we didn't get into any traffic situations either direction! In California...that is a great day!

After spending the day with 5 children, Gwen and I learned that animals don't necessarily have to have fur, fins, or feathers. We actually give birth to them and have them in our homes! As you will see from the pictures...we had some pretty fun, goofy times together. By the time we were done...everyone was tired and hot but I think we all enjoyed our time together!

Ok...so I bet you have never seen eyelashes like the ones on Matthew! Click on the picture to make it big and check them out!!! Every time I am with the Wood family, I marvel at the eyes on these kids! Matthew is going to be the envy of every girl he meets!

Matthew and Elizabeth

Adam and Sarah


Abbie hanging out in her stroller


Panda Exhibit...this is the mommy and her baby was up in a hanging hammock...so adorable!





Matthew Wildlife Exhibit...interesting specimen


Adam Wildlife Exhibit...strange creature


Did Beth turn into a monkey? Check out this video and see her sounding and acting like our furry friends! It was precious!


The Zoo has a petting section and the kids had a great time chasing the goats and sheep.





Abbie finally "got" the idea of putting her face in the hole. She was actually tall enough to stand and put her face in. Such a big girl!







Fun, Enjoyable, Happy Day!

No comments: