Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Exploration

Mike and I love holidays! It gives us a chance/excuse to do something fun! Today we decided to jump in the car and explore. We drove down to the Pacific Coast Hwy that runs right along the beach. We drove up into some neighborhoods and looked at some AMAZING homes...reasonably priced in the 68 million dollar range! After seeing the view from these homes, the beach looked so inviting! We have been to several beaches along the Hwy, but today we randomly picked a new spot we had never been to. We found a parking spot and made the hike down to the Pacific. The only issue we had...we had not anticipated going to the beach...so we didn't have all our "beach" stuff. We made due with what we had...Abbie could have cared less that her diaper weighed 10 lbs because it was soaked with water! It was a fun day!




So when we first got there, we just thought we would "dip" our feet...no plans on getting entirely wet...ya right...we're at the beach!



On this trip, Abbie discovered that the ocean is full of "sea salad" as Daddy called it. She was very generous in presenting it to us!



Giving an offering to Daddy



Maybe it will taste like salad with ranch...NOPE!!! GROSS!!!!










Near the shore there was a huge rock that looked like it was covered in barnacles. Abbie touched the rock and I noticed that it MOVED. Upon closer examination we found that the rock was completely covered with small sea anemone. Abbie took great pleasure in taking her finger and touching the anemone. It would close up when she did. Check out the pictures of her exploring the sea life!












After just a short time of being at the beach, Abbie was completely soaked, and I had rolled up my pants in an attempt at staying dry. I mostly succeeded, but was glad to get my damp clothes off when we got home. It was a fun adventure!




3 comments:

Julia Harps said...

those sea anenome tricked me too! I like how they stick just ever so slightly to your finger.
The beach never gets old.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a brave, brave girl! Beach trips are the BEST ever! I'm glad you guys had a fun holiday!

The Wells Family said...

how fun, I wish we lived closer to stuff like that, and I can't say it enough,....she is so dang cute!