Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mission Viejo Lake

We have a membership to the Mission Viejo Lake. We don't use our privileges as much as we should, but Mike's scout troop was going there, so Abbie and I decided to tag along. We had forgotten just how fun the lake could be! The water is shallow for quite a distance out, so Abbie felt like a big kid, venturing out. Here is our fun!


This is the face of water bliss...She can never play in water too much...Maybe in a previous life she was a sea creature...ha ha ha!


Notice her walking away from me toward the big kids...she is an adventurer!


She is a bold little lady...She had no problem seeing how far she could go out in the lake...Unfortunately, I wasn't really dressed for swimming and we didn't have her floaters, so she was limited to her chest and where I could reach her. Given the chance...I think she would have swam the lake!


After spending time in the lake, the kids came to the shore and continued construction on a "hot tub" that had been started by previous lake goers. Here is Micah (my friend Julia's son, who is a scout in the troop) and Abbie, making things deeper and better!


I love this face!


My friend, Tara, was there with her son (who is a scout) and her daughter Savannah. Both girls had fun in the man made "hot tub". Cutie pies!


It was a nice evening at the lake...It was a great reminder to visit more often and the fun we will have this summer!!!

2 comments:

Julia Harps said...

can't wait for pool days!

Katy said...

Oh my gosh! Nora has this same bathing suit! Costco? Of course, we haven't had a chance to use it yet, but we're hoping for an occasion very soon.