Tonight Abbie "confused" her nose as her mouth and decide a piece of hamburger would taste nice. Mike and I were cleaning up from dinner and we heard Abbie start sneezing in her booster seat. We went over and said, "Bless you" but she kept rubbing her nose and sticking her finger up it. We both looked at each other and knew exactly what had happened...food up the nose. Mike held her hands and I pushed her nose up like a piggy's to take a look. Sure enough...her left nostril was clogged with a piece of meat!
Mike and I knew this could potentially be a HUGE problem and we needed to remedy it quickly...I threw Mike the wash cloth to clean her up and I went into the bathroom to see what I could round up to extract the wad up her nose!
We got her laying on the floor with the desk light shining on her face...Mike held her hands and head, and I proceeded to look up her nose again...She, LUCKILY, got really mad at us restraining her...and started crying...which caused enough back pressure to shoot the hamburger right out of her nose...happy day!
So tonight we have had four discussions with Abbie...Don't stick things up your nose, don't pull on the ornaments so hard the tree falls down (this is the 3rd time it has toppled over), don't eat cookies like Cookie Monster and crumble them all over the living room floor (especially when it is a cookie Daddy wanted and sacrificed to let her "eat" it) and don't wipe your chocolate hands on your pretty pink pants. The only one I think sunk in was the nose thing...she kept saying, "No, nose...no, nose" Hopefully this will be the last time...but there are no promises when you are dealing with a 20 month old...We love her!!!
2 comments:
Looking forward to those days... We're still grappling with basic feeding and diapering needs. Our little Miss Nora is sick with a stomach virus - poor kid!
Happy Holidays! Love, Katy, Quinn, & Nora
Yeah i am so glad that you found me i love blogging its the best. I cant believe how big our kids are to bad we still didnt live all by each other i bet they would love playing together. hope you have a great christmas
Post a Comment