About 30 minutes later the Dr. came and told us the surgery went picture perfect and he was 98% sure that this would correct the problem (she had a clogged tear duct that was getting infected). Shortly after the doctor spoke with us, we went to the recovery room to be with her. She as sleeping so peacefully! The nurse went over the post-op directions with us. Then we tried to wake her up...that was a joke...she was too comfortable sleeping...so we sat around for 45 min. until she was ready to wake up. The nurse tried all her tricks...lightly tickling her back, stroking her head, playing with her feet, taking the tape off her IV, but nothing we did stirred her...so we waited! Finally she was ready to wake up. She was confussed when she first opened her eyes, but I was able to immediatly comfort her. We stayed for about 20 minutes to make sure she was fully awake and her vitals looked good. Then we were free to leave.
She was stumbly today...they warned us she would be. She was directed to stay inside all day and have "quiet" play. We rested, napped, and cuddled...Her eye is already looking better and draining well.
We are so thankful for the Lord and his careful watch over her! We are so BLESSED!
On the way to the hospital...wearing her cozy frog pajamas given to her by her Nana. She has no idea why I drug her out of bed so early and why I am taking her picture. This is her "coy" face!
3 comments:
so glad it went well. she's a trooper. Our children are the most precious things ever. Putting them in the hands of our doctors for what ever reason is always scary.
thanks for the dylan comment on my blog. I laughed out loud.
we are going to the beach on monday. you can come...if you want.
I'm glad that it went well! I bet it was scary!!!
I love your blog! Abbie is getting so big. I love looking at all of the pictures!
Abbie uncle Trever and I are so glad your surgery went well. You are so big and brave. We love you and miss you XOXOXO
Post a Comment